Saturday 15 May 2010

Cherry on top

Our cake is ordered....it is going to be a REAL cheese cake, yes, a cake made from savory scrummy stuff to help fight the munchies that our guests will have after a long day of celebrating followed by a committed, physically challenging dance off. I seriously could not believe how expensive cake toppers are and the even more unforgivable part, how revoltingly cheesy/cliche/tacky they can be. So if you dare to be different and want an alternative to the dated Lurpack butter trumpet playing-esque moulded figurines, have a look at my latest quirky find. There is something so wholesome, simple and down to earth about these little birds that makes me feel a bit fuzzy (it could be the red wine but I hope you will trust my judgement)

Courtesy of Lint and Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment