We all know that the cost of weddings can spiral and some things you cannot skimp on like the food and wine. Instead of splashing out on the table favours, like personalised chocolate or mints, why not give your loved ones something they can keep and grow?
Cheap quirky ideas that will get them talking:
- Flower/herb seeds. Dress them up in a pretty packet or cute envelope with ribbon. Watch the love grow.
- Mini jams, chutneys and pickles. Spread the love.
- Bubbles. Less messy than confetti (most venues now ban it!) and everyone will enjoy feeling like a big kid again.
- A compliment. Pop a short 'You are great because....' or 'It means so much to me that you are here' notes in a cute envelope and use them as place names. Love is infectious.
- Name meanings. You could research what your guests names mean in Greek mythology etc and write it on the back of their name card. A great talking point, especially if you make some of them up!
Other ways to keep them entertained during the photos (if you have a formal structure for the day) might be a treasure hunt, a sweepstake on the first dance song or a pub quiz.
More on the pub quiz to come.
Hello sunshine x