Tuesday 5 April 2011

Wed Riding Hood: A fairytale woodland shoot.

I have been waiting to share these pictures with you from the Red Riding Hood shoot I had the pleasure of working on with the very talented photographer Liesl Cheney. The cake design was contributed by Tempting Cake and little cocktail sticks and afternoon tea card favours by the amazing talent of Vintage Twee .

It started with a red cape that Liesl coveted and grew from there. I loved the idea of using woodland creatures, especially the wolf, in a non creepy or cheesy way. I wanted to stick to natural colours but avoid too many reds, greens and golds as to not look 'last season' with it being spring time now in the UK.

So along with the use of a few tongue in cheek phrases, I started off with the stationery and worked it out from there. As soon as Liesl and I discussed a Red Riding Hood theme, polka dots came to mind, reminiscent of big toad stool mushrooms that are found deep in the forest. So I brought this in with some of the printed pieces and wine coasters.

To make it feel soft and romantic but rustic at the same time, I used a mixture of satin and metallic ribbon and rope string on mini flower vases and tea lights.

The rest of the details were kept quite neutral with the odd flourish of red to keep it feeling fresh and dramatic.

I hope you like!











No comments:

Post a Comment