Wednesday 12 May 2010

Crafty candles

Since discovering the wonderful world of Etsy my purse has been considerably lighter and I have been inspired to get crafty myself. I am even considering purchasing a cute pistachio green sewing machine just in case I suddenly have a burst of creativity and sewing skill (which has so far eluded me - in school I always without fail, sewed the fabric to myself)

I promised you a feature on candlesticks and here it is. You can add bags of interest and character to a table / shelf / desk whatever you like with these little beauties. I love the decoupage effect which is SO easy to do at home. Why not pick up some dusty old candle sticks from a car boot or charity shop, grab yourself some PVA glue diluted with water and interesting paper (like old cartoon strips or wrapping paper) and you could have yourself something unique and eye catching in a jiffy.

The selection below are from a number of Etsy shops including McGdesign clairemontroseart theredkettle laurawallstaylor cpstudios scrapsistersvintage.

My favourite is the owls. So sweet. The re-purposed pipes is up-cycling at its most creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment